Thursday, September 24, 2015

Introducing Committee Member Brenda Shook

We're very pleased to introduce the members of the GKWC Garden of Roses 2016 Roses & Pearls Champagne Brunch & Auction Event Planning Committee. Through a series of  questions and answers, you’ll meet Club members who may have served on the committee in the past, as well as new members who are assuming roles for the first time.

Say hello to Brenda Shook, the 2016 Garden of Roses "Greeters" Committee Chair.

  • How long have you been a member of GKWC? I joined GKWC last September (2014)
  • How did you hear about GKWC and what prompted you to join?  I have lived in the area 15 years. Spent most of that time raising my daughter and taking care of elderly Moms.  Now with an empty nest, I am ready to get out there and enjoy this club!  I know several ladies in the club, but Caroline Sherman was the biggest reason I joined!
  •  Is this the first time you've volunteered for the Garden of Roses fundraising committee? Yes, this is my first experience with the fundraising committee.
  •  What are you most looking forward to with the 2016 fundraiser and your role?  I'm most looking forward to working with a great group of ladies and doing good for the community!
If you know Brenda and happen to see her at meetings or around town, please join us in welcoming her to the Fundraising Committee and volunteering as a committee chair for the first time. We're so grateful for her service to GKWC and our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment