Friday, September 25, 2015

Introducing Committee Member Lisa Ackerson

We are pleased to introduce the members of the GKWC Garden of Roses 2016 Roses & Pearls Champagne Brunch & Auction Event Planning Committee. Through a series of  questions and answers, you’ll meet Club members who may have served on the committee in the past, as well as new members who are assuming roles for the first time.

Say hello to Lisa Ackerson, the 2016 Garden of Roses "Invitation" Committee Chair.

  • How long have you been a member of GKWC? I joined in 2014.
  • How did you hear about GKWC and what prompted you to join?  My mother, Barbara Brod, had been a long time member and when she passed away, I became very connected to a lot of her friends, most of which were members. I loved the idea of being able to give back to the community and I loved that the objectives of the Club to give to the women, children and elderly in my own community was 100% aligned with my own values and objectives.
  • Is this the first time you've volunteered for the Garden of Roses fundraising committee?  No, I held the same position last year.
  • What are you most looking forward to with the 2016 fundraiser and your role?  I look forward to being a part of the 2016 fundraiser because of the wonderful causes that GKWC supports.
If you know Lisa and happen to see her at meetings or around town, please join us in thanking her for once again volunteering her time and talents to benefit GKWC and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment