Thursday, September 24, 2015

Introducing Committee Member Hazel Murphy

We are pleased to introduce the members of the GKWC Garden of Roses 2016 Roses & Pearls Champagne Brunch & Auction Event Planning Committee. Through a series of  questions and answers, you’ll meet Club members who may have served on the committee in the past, as well as new members who are assuming roles for the first time.

Please welcome Hazel Murphy, the 2016 Garden of Roses Committee Secretary.
  • How long have you been a member of GKWC? Since 1993
  • How did you hear about GKWC and what prompted you to join? We moved to Texas in 1993 and my first job was of course to deal with the kids, their school, doctors etc. and so after that I decided I needed company and joined three groups, one being GKWC after meeting Joan Pascuitti.  Joan was a member of one of the other groups and so we naturally got together being English and I have never looked back since!!!
  • Is this the first time you've volunteered for the Garden of Roses fundraising committee? This is the third time I have volunteered to be Secretary.
  • If not, list other volunteer roles have you held with prior Garden of Roses fashion shows/fundraisers? Before this I had been a model in our Fashion Shows since we began doing the Fashion Shows, all except one when I had my veins stripped and was in a wheelchair. I can remember how thrilled we were raising $6,000 so we have come a long way since then.  I also have sold raffle tickets, table decoration committee when we were less sophisticated and made our own (I also think we should do that again as that was fun), solicitation of items for our auction, Philanthropic Committee Chair twice and member of the committee four or five times for distribution of funds from the Fashion Show.
  • What are you most looking forward to with the 2016 fundraiser and your role? I look forward to being in the company of so many talented ladies who feel the same way I do raising funds for the needy.
If you know Hazel and happen to see her at meetings or around town, please join us in thanking her for her many years of service, modeling in the fashion shows with her bubbling sense of humor, and volunteering her time once again to GKWC and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment